Is ZipRecruiter Better Than Indeed?
ZipRecruiter vs Indeed
Searching for a job can be tough, but utilizing job boards can make this often stressful experience, much easier. ZipRecruiter and Indeed are two of the biggest names in the online job board industry.
Both companies have their pros and cons when searching for your next career, but which one has the best mix of tools and capabilities?
Here’s what we found in the ZipRecruiter vs Indeed job board matchup.
- Which is better ZipRecruiter or Indeed?
- What is ZipRecruiter? (Pros and Cons)
- What is Indeed? (Pros and Cons)
which is better zipRecruiter or indeed?
Both companies have their upsides, and since they are free to use, you should probably look to utilize both when you are searching for a job. If you can only choose one though, ZipRecruiter narrowly wins due to its large job listing pool and ease of use.
What is ZipRecruiter?
ZipRecruiter is a job search and recruiting platform that helps businesses and job seekers find and connect with one another regarding available jobs.
The site also allows companies to search through resumes for specific keywords and offer direct job applications to qualified candidates. They also offer tools and resources to help with the hiring process, such as resume search, job alerts, and applicant tracking. It’s a very popular platform used by both large and small companies, as well as individuals looking to find work in a variety of industries.
For Job Seekers:
As a job seeker on ZipRecruiter, you can search for jobs, post your resume, quickly apply for jobs on the site, and sign up for job alerts. These tools are designed to help you find the right job while eliminating tedious searching during the application process.
- Apply quickly once you set up your account
- It is free to use for job seekers
- Easy to use app makes them very mobile friendly
- Companies often have to pay to post on the site; this could limit how many applications you see
- The notification system can spam you if not set properly
- Some of the jobs offered through your resume search may be scams, especially pyramid schemes
- Best Job Search Engines
- Can LinkedIn Help Your Career
- High Paying Jobs without a Degree
- Best Staffing Agencies
- Indeed vs LinkedIn
What is Indeed?
Similar to ZipRecruiter, Indeed is a job search website that allows job seekers to search for and apply to jobs while also allowing employers to post job openings and search for candidates.
The platform offers resources for employers, such as applicant tracking and job posting tools. Indeed is free to use for job seekers, and employers can choose from various pricing options for job postings and other services.
For Job Seekers:
Job seekers can post their resume, apply for jobs, and take assessments. They can also find reviews and information about the companies they apply to all on-site. When applying for jobs, you will either have to go to the company’s site, or you can apply through Indeed.
The assessments are also a nice feature. They help prove that you have the skills that are listed in your resume. This information can help companies decide if they should pursue you or not.
- Free for everyone to use, so you will find more companies posting jobs there
- Assessments help prove claims on your resume
- Reviews of the companies on the site make them easier to research
- The application process isn’t as streamlined, so it can take longer
- Can’t customize your job search as much
- Because of the free post, you do have to search through more useless postings
Title: ZipRecruiter vs Indeed
Tags: Ziprecuiter pros, ziprecruiter cons, indeed pros, indeed cons, is indeed better than ziprecruiter, ziprecruiter vs indeed, ziprecruiter vs indeed for job seekers, is ZipRecruiter better than indeed, ziprecruiter job boards, indeed job boards. is ziprecruiter better than indeed, indeed vs ziprecruiter
Author: Reid is a contributor to theJub. He’s an employment and marketing enthusiast who studied business before taking on various recruiting, management, and marketing roles. More from the author. | Author Profile