Is LinkedIn Useful
Is LinkedIn Useful for Your Career?
Yes, if your intentions/goals are to network, find new jobs, and learn more about an industry, having a LinkedIn account is helpful in 2023.
Here are a few reasons why and how it can help your career:
- Most companies post jobs on LinkedIn and search user profiles to fill open roles (currently has over 3+ million active jobs).
- As a previous recruiter and manager, most of the candidates I hired came from LinkedIn.
- You can connect with employers, influencers, industries, groups, or others who interest you.
- I’ve received and asked countless industry-related questions that most of my connections are happy to help with.
- You can get the inside scoop on new jobs, industry updates, etc.
- I’ve always told my interviewing candidates to perform role-related research beforehand.
- Most companies have profiles on LinkedIn, making it easy to see new projects they are working on, what the company is all about, the interview process, etc.
- There are over 450 million users now, and LinkedIn’s goal is to surpass 3 billion users.
- Even though LinkedIn started in 2002, you would still be an early user if you signed up today.
LinkedIn is useful and will help you find a job faster because most hiring managers and recruiters are already using it.
With a solid profile, you can be found by employers, stay in the loop regarding hot industry topics, and connect with people you might not have had the chance to.
I would sign up today if you haven’t already. Best of luck, and I hope that helped!
Tags: is LinkedIn useful, how can LinkedIn help your career, how valuable is LinkedIn, does linkedin help
Author: Reid is a contributor to theJub. He’s an employment and marketing enthusiast who studied business before taking on various recruiting, management, and marketing roles. More from the author. | Author Profile