Jobs with Flexible Work Hours
Certain jobs with flexible hours can help reclaim your work-life balance while still providing you with decent pay.
Here are our top picks to help keep your life flexible.
- Jobs with flexible work hours
- Benefits of jobs with flexible work hours
Working the daily 9-5 grind is not for everyone.
If you want a job with flexible hours, there are plenty of careers where you can choose or adjust your work time to better to suit your needs.
Below are excellent jobs with flexible hours so you can regain some of that freedom!
11 Jobs with Flexible Work Hours
Many sales jobs have a super flexible schedule. You can knock on doors or make calls when you want – working on weekends instead of weekdays if needed.
2. Software Development
If you’re a software engineer or developer, much of your work can be done at home, so you don’t need to work during typical office hours.
If you are tired one day and would rather write code through the night – you can!
Tutors, especially online tutors, typically set their own hours.
If you tutor grade school children, you likely need to work in the evenings. But college tutors have loads of flexibility and just need to align their meetings with their students.
Photographers can set their own schedules, especially if they have a home studio or shoot outdoors.
You can schedule several clients in one day and then take the next two days off if you please.
The exception here are wedding photographers who will have to follow a strict schedule (but you can always pass on the weddings or weekends you don’t want to shoot).
You can also edit and send out your product whenever convenient for you.
There are many different types of freelance jobs.
If you can foster a client base and generate consistent work, you can build a super flexible schedule as many freelancers get their work done whenever they want.
6. Therapist or Counselor
Some therapists and counselors can set their own schedules and hours.
Many therapists work in the evenings or on weekends, which is convenient for clients and allows them to have more free time.
There are many therapists who work your typical 9-5 schedule and come home to additional tasks like filing paperwork though.
7. Interior Designer
Interior designers typically have to schedule and attend appointments with clients, but other than that, they generally work whenever they want.
8. Yoga Instructor
Although after work hours tend to be the busiest, if you’re a yoga instructor, personal trainer, or fitness consultant, you can typically choose your own hours.
Even if you work at a studio or gym, you can choose what hours you want to teach and change them if needed.
9. Social Media Manager
The role of a Social Media Manager is becoming a popular remote job as of recently.
Companies need someone to make posts and create content for their various social media accounts which can be done anywhere, anytime.
10. Real Estate Agent
Real estate agents get to set their own open house times and schedule tours and showings to fit their schedules (with the exception of their clients needs).
It’s a great way to control your work hours and make excellent money from commissions.
11. Content Creator
If you have a decent social media following or content niche, you can build a following and make money from sponsorships or advertising.
The best part is that you can do this whenever you want.
Benefits of Jobs With Flexible Work Hours
There are several benefits to working a job with flexible hours such as improving your physical and mental health. Here are a few additional benefits you should consider:
- Easy Scheduling
- Telecommuting makes it much easier to schedule important appointments or run errands when most of the working population is on the job.
- You can get your Starbucks when the morning lines are gone or get weekday lunches at that restaurant that’s always too busy on the weekends.
- Improved Productivity
- If you can choose the times and hours you work, you can find the times of day when you’re more productive. Some people are night owls, while others are early birds.
- Jobs with flexible hours often allow you to choose the times of day when you work, allowing you to capitalize on more productive moods.
- Relaxed Days
- When you have a remote job or home job with flexible working hours, you don’t need to wake up to the same alarm every morning or sit in the same rush hour traffic every evening.
- You can enjoy a more relaxed day and week when you need it. And when you don’t, you can work more hours and increase your income.
- Enhanced Work-Life Balance
- People who work 9-5 every weekday can often feel like they’re sacrificing all their time for their job. Living to work, not working to live.
- But jobs with flexible hours allow you to regain more of your free time and achieve a better work-life balance.
- Time For Other Endeavors
- If you’re looking to turn your passion into a career but need income in the meantime, jobs with flexible hours allow you to pursue other things.
- So if you’re an aspiring actor, you can work as a realtor and go to auditions or acting classes between open houses or tours. It’s nearly impossible to pursue a passion when working a grueling 9-5 job in the office.
- Better Health
- When you have a job with a flexible work arrangement, you are able to spend more time focusing on your health and well-being.
- You can easily schedule doctor appointments, take mental health days, and ensure you eat, sleep, and exercise as needed to feel well.
“77% of remote workers say they’re more productive when working from home.”– Findstack
Wrapping Up | Top Jobs with Flexible Work Hours
If going to the same place at the same time every day is torture, there are better opportunities.
Jobs with flexible hours won’t just help you reclaim your time, but they can also help develop your career and improve your health.
While the world has had a very rigid idea of what a day at work should look like, times are changing.
Many people work from home and work as they please, improving satisfaction and overall well-being.
Before you accept any job, ask what the typical work schedule and day to day looks like – this will provide you with enough information to make a decision on the role.
Best of luck in your career search!
Title: Top Jobs with Flexible Work Hours
Category: Job Search
Tags: best jobs that are flexible, jobs with flexible work hours, what positions give you flexible work hours, jobs with nice schedules
Co-Author: Reid is a contributor for theJub. He’s an employment and marketing enthusiast who studied business before taking on various recruiting, management, and marketing roles. More from the author. | Author Profile