Marketing Coordinator Job Description
One of my first jobs out of college was the role of a Marketing Coordinator. Keep in mind this was a marketing coordinator role for my cousins small clinic and not some Fortune 500 company…but it was still something I was proud of.
As a Marketing Coordinator, I helped oversee and manage the marketing efforts for the clinic. Monitoring all marketing campaigns, blog posts, social media posts, advertising, email campaigns, and any other marketing efforts that we decided to try.
There are several key characteristics required to be successful in this role which are listed below in the marketing coordinator job description.
MARKETING COORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Marketing Coordinator Key Responsibilities/Duties
When writing a job description, start by outlining the core responsibilities that are related to the position. Here are a few key duties for the role of a Marketing Coordinator:
- Conducting research to analyze competitive landscape, market trends and customer behavior
- Communicating campaign deliverables, objectives and timelines to their team (if there is one)
- Planning and managing trade shows, conferences, events and meetings by identifying, coordinating and assembling requirements, developing assignments and schedules, and coordinating mailing lists
- Maintaining an inventory of sales support materials making sure all resources are accurate and current while coordinating new material creation as needed
- Continually seeking and researching new sources of prospective customers while providing recommendations to marketing and sales leadership
Marketing Coordinator Qualifications And Skills
After putting together those notes on what they will be required to do, identify a list of the “must” and “nice to” have skills for the open position. Here are a few examples:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to articulate clearly with various departments including graphic design, public relations and advertising, as well as vendors, contractors and freelancers
- Excellent interpersonal skills for representing organizations in public, during media events and product launches, product demonstrations and while participating at trade shows
- Project management experience and time-management skills for juggling numerous time-sensitive projects simultaneously. Being familiar with project management software is also an asset
- Good computer skills for generating reports, viewing marketing metrics, extracting data and sharing this information with other team members in project updates
- Ability to provide information on previous campaigns, projects and timelines overseen and implemented in order to demonstrate overall capabilities
Responsibilities and Skills by Indeed
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What Is A Marketing Coordinator’s Salary?
Based on recent data, a Marketing Coordinator makes on average $45,000-$52,000 per year depending on a variety of different factors.
What Is In A General Job Description?
A job description typically contains the following pieces: job title, job purpose, job duties and responsibilities, required skills/qualifications, preferred skills/qualifications and education. They will often contain a short overview of the company or team you would be joining in the role as well.
Why are Job Descriptions Important?
Job descriptions help identify particular skills, qualifications and experiences that are necessary for a candidate to possess in a particular role.
This gives the person hiring (whether that be HR, a hiring manager, or recruiter) a clear view on what to look out for in applicants and the job seeker an understanding of whether they are qualified for the position or not.
How Do You Write A Good Job Description?
There are a number of ways you can go about writing a good job description – but the most straight forward approach is to take it step by step.
- Add a basic job title (don’t get cute here and just ad “Marketing Coordinator”)
- Start with a short but exciting summary of the role
- Focus on the key responsibilities needed to fulfill the job
- Require only the most important skills (asking for too much will deter candidates)
- Add education requirements if it’s necessary
- Write a short overview of your company and the culture
Category: Marketing Coordinator Job Description
Tags: how to write a marketing coordinator job description, marketing coordinator job summary, marketing coordinator job duties, marketing coordinator qualifications, marketing coordinator responsibilities
Author: Reid is a contributor for theJub. He’s an employment and marketing enthusiast who studied business before taking on various recruiting, management, and marketing roles. More from the author. | Author Profile