Accounting Manager Job Description
As an accounting manager, you keep a watchful eye on multiple aspects of an organization like the supervision of your team, handling transactions, managing purchases, and taking care of payroll (kind of a big one). Understanding the company’s financial records and policies is a must in this role as well.
But like any role, there’s more to being an accounting manager than just a handful of responsibilities. To truly thrive in this role, you’ll need to possess certain qualities and skills, which are outlined in the accounting manager job description.
ACCOUNTING MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
Putting together an eye catching job description is a key part of helping employers bring on the best talent available – helping you stick out from the rest of the employers looking to hire the same candidates.
When written well, a job description gives the candidates a clearer picture of what the position entails. Learn more about the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills that should be included within an accounting manager job description.
Accounting Manager Responsibilities And Duties
When writing a job description, start but highlighting and outlining the core responsibilities related to the position. This will give the applicants a better understanding of the work they should expect and prevent uninterested/unqualified candidates from applying (kind of). Examples below:
- Plan, implement and supervise the company’s financial strategy
- Manage the company’s financial accounts
- Handle the company’s transactions and debts
- Perform the company’s financial audits
- Follow proper accounting procedures to reach financial objectives
- Monitor and analyze financial accounting data
- Create financial reports based on data analysis
- Make recommendations to business stakeholders
Accounting Manager Qualifications And Skills
Next, identify a list of the “must” and “nice to” haves for the open position – this could include both hard and soft skills. Some key examples below:
- Great interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles, standards and regulations
- Experience in working with accounting software and databases
- Superior data management and data analysis skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented with a passion for accuracy
- Two or more years of work experience as Accounting Manager or Finance Manager
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance or related field
Responsibilities and Skills by Indeed
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What Is An Accounting Manager’s Salary?
The average salary for an Accounting Manager is just north of $80,000 per year. This number depends heavily on the level of experience, certifications/education and your geographical location.
How Do You Write A Good Job Description?
There are a number of ways you can go about writing a good job description – but the most straight forward approach is to take it one step at a time.
- Add a basic job title (Accounting Manager)
- Start with a short but exciting summary of the role
- Focus on the key responsibilities needed to fulfill the job
- Require only the most important skills (asking for too much will deter candidates)
- Add education requirements if it’s necessary
- Write a short overview of your company and the culture
Category: Accounting Manager Job Description
Tags: how to write a Accounting Manager job description, Accounting Manager job summary, Accounting Manager job duties, Accounting Manager qualifications, Accounting Manager responsibilities
Author: Reid is a contributor for theJub. He’s an employment and marketing enthusiast who studied business before taking on various recruiting, management, and marketing roles. More from the author. | Author Profile