Account Executive Job Description
An Account Executive is a professional advisor to a business – providing advice to a company’s top managers and employees on promotional activities and strategies.
While often looked at as a similar role to a salesperson, this person must have strong communication skills and be able to manage a large number of clients.
There are several key characteristics required to be successful in this role which are listed below in the account executive job description.
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE JOB DESCRIPTION
Writing a captivating Account Executive job description is a key part of attracting top talent for the opening you have available. When written well, a job description gives the candidates a clearer picture of what the position entails.
Learn more about the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills that should be included within an account executive job description.
Account Exec Responsibilities And Duties
You want to start things off by outlining the core responsibilities related to the position. This will give the applicants a better understanding of the work they should expect and prevent unqualified candidates from applying (to a certain point).
- Communicating with clients and gathering information about a project’s scope, budgets and timelines
- Meeting with other executives to discuss clients’ project goals, progress and outcomes
- Developing budgets and timelines for clients and the company they work for
- Coordinating teams to meet project milestones
- Assembling new teams to meet clients’ or businesses’ goals
Account Exec Qualifications And Skills
Next, identify a list of the “must haves” and “nice to haves” for the role – this could include both hard and soft skills. Listed below are a few key examples:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Organization skills
- Time management skills
- Teamwork skills
- Multitasking skills
- Budget management
- Sales background
- Account management
Responsibilities and Skills by Indeed
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How Much Do Account Executives Make?
An Account Executive makes on average $83,000 per year but that number has a wide range of outcomes. It depends heavily on the overall level of experience, certifications/education, geographical location and sales commission.
How Do You Write A Good Job Description?
There are a number of ways you can go about writing a good job description – but the most straight forward approach is to take it step by step.
- Add a basic job title (Account Executive)
- Start with a short but exciting summary of the role
- Focus on the key responsibilities needed to fulfill the job
- Require only the most important skills (asking for too much will deter candidates)
- Add education requirements if it’s necessary
- Write a short overview of your company and the culture
Category: Account Executive Job Description
Tags: how to write an Account Executive job description, Account Executive job summary, Account Executive job duties, Account Executive qualifications, Account Executive responsibilities
Author: Reid is a contributor for theJub. He’s an employment and marketing enthusiast who studied business before taking on various recruiting, management, and marketing roles. More from the author. | Author Profile